1st October 2017 - Winter is coming!
This is the first day of the pilot phase for CAP-IT and this will run till the end of December 2017. During this time it is very important that our recruitment numbers increase. The pilot phase for CAP-IT was postponed as community-acquired pneumonia is a seasonal illness, which is prevalent in the colder months.
27th July 2017
RELEVANT NEWS ARTICLE: Should you finish a course of antibiotics? (BBC)
23rd July 2017
CAP-IT has now recruited 50 patients. Thank you and well done to all the sites that helped make this happen.
- Alder Hey Children's Hospital
- Birmingham Children's Hospital
- Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
- Evelina London Children's Hospital
- Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital, Brighton
- Royal Derby Hospital
- Sheffield Children's Hospital
- Southampton General Hospital
- St. George's Hospital
1st February 2017
CAP-IT opened to recruitment on the 26th January 2017. The first patient was randomised on the 1st February 2017 at Southampton General Hospital.